Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm on Yehoodi Radio this month

Jesse Miner invited me to put together a set for Yehoodi Radio, and my music is going to be running every Thursday in January. For those of you who haven't heard about it, Yehoodi Radio is a streaming Internet radio station (run through the Live365 service) that plays swingin' jazz and blues music 24-7. I think the original idea was that you could tune in any time and have music to swing dance to. All you need is a decent Internet connection. I wonder if it would work on your iPhone.

Head over to Yehoodi Radio to tune in. Here's a little blurb about my set, as I explained on the Hey Mr. Jesse podcast:
During my spot on Yehoodi Radio I'll be featuring a bunch of great modern bands who play the sort of music from the 20's and 30's and 40's that keeps us dancers happy. There's so many talented groups out there that play authentic old time dance music, maybe they're not using vintage 1936 charts, but they've got that sound and that spirit that make them so much fun. You'll hear groups like the Boilermakers, George Gee, and Mora's Modern Rhythmists, who have been playing great music for years and are an indispensable part of our scene. Other groups are just starting to get out there--The Firecracker Jazz Band, The Blue Vipers of Brooklyn--and I bet there's a bunch you haven't come across before. How about Aunt Ruby's Sweet Jazz Babies from Austin, Texas, or the Hotlanta Dixieland Jazz Band, or the Deep Chicago Rhythm Owls? I'll be playing them all, along with lots of the original recordings and bands that inspire them.
Leave a comment and let me know what you think of the show.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip on Yehoodi! I was able to get it to work on my Windows Mobile device (Blackjack II)

    ReplyDelete